Skip to main content

Hilarious New Easter Eggs Found in Black Panther

     Like any Marvel fan with too much time on their hands, I was rewatching Black Panther when I noticed the interesting Wakandan text in the background of many of the scenes. Now, translation keys for the Wakandan alphabet were available online even around the time the main trailer was released, but when I tried translating one of the signs, I just got "HIJKL." Which spells nothing. Absolutely nothing.
     But this time, I decided to give it another go. I started with the writing on the shoes Shuri built for T'Challa, and what I found was pretty interesting. Check out my video below:

     So please, join me in the hunt for more translation Easter eggs in Black Panther! I used this key someone posted on Imgur, which came from an official behind-the-scenes booklet Brisk Tea released. Happy hunting, and Wakanda Forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Theory: Korg's Tragic Connection to Thor

Photo courtesy Bustle       One of the best things to come out of the Thor franchise (and one of the most talked about absences in Infinity War ) was Korg, the talking pile of rocks with a penchant for rock-paper-scissors jokes and starting revolutions. But why was he so obsessed with starting a revolution? As per usual, I'm gonna overanalyze the heck out of the MCU and come to a shocking conclusion: it's because his father was brutally murdered while trying to start a revolution of his own. And Thor is the one who killed him.       In the third Thor movie, Korg explains how he became a gladiator, explaining, "I tried to start a revolution, but didn't print enough pamphlets so hardly anyone turned up. Except for my mum and her boyfriend, who I hate. As punishment, I was forced to be in here and become a gladiator." But Korg (or at least, the MCU version) doesn't seem like the type to start a coup; in the movie, he's quite kind and... well... meek.

Playmation: The Epic Toys-To-Life Game 'Star Wars' Almost Had

Photo courtesy VentureBeat      In 2015, Disney announced a product that promised to revolutionize toys-to-life gaming: Playmation. Instead of having each toy be represented by a video game character on a screen, the ambitious Playmation tried to make the toys interactive in the real world. The idea was announced with a bold slogan: "Imagination made real."      And after this amazing trailer was released, it's easy to see why many of us were excited by the concept.          Even before the first iteration of Playmation was released, the ad made the bold proclamation that Playmation Star Wars would be unveiled in 2016. It wasn't. Photo courtesy Passion For Savings      The first iteration of Playmation, which was based around the Avengers, involved a wearable Iron Man gauntlet, which the player could use to fight toy villains as he or she moved around the room. The villains sat on bases that allowed them to respond to the player's attacks, and moti